Lifestyle newborn sessions are by far my favorite sessions. I love capturing this blurry time for growing families. Here are my top 5 can't miss details for lifestyle newborn photo sessions.
To learn more about lifestyle photography, check out my virtual workshop.
1. Nursery Decor. I love capturing these details because they are so unique to each family. Did the family craft while waiting for babe? Is mom a talented painter and used her skills to decorate babe's first room? Was baby's gender a surprise so the nursery was neutral? The new addition will love to see these photos years from now.
2. Baby on Bed. I do this to show just how tiny babe is. Looking back at these photos, parents will most likely comment on how tiny their baby looks on that gigantic bed. How do you signify baby's teensy size?
3. Personalized Gifts. Did the babe receive a beautiful handmade quilt? Or was she gifted hand-me-down? Capture these unique details! Bonus points if you can include babe in the photos.
4. Parents with Babe. I always try to get individual shots of the new addition with mom and dad. You can really hone in on mom and dad's love for their precious newborn in these photos.
5. Newborn Details. Newborns have such fun features when they are born, and they change so quickly. I try to preserve as much newness as I can in my lifestyle newborn photos, like yawns, peeling and wrinkly skin, fuzzy hair, etc.
Want to learn more about lifestyle photography? Click here.
*All images have been edited using my presets that are available for sale here.