Here are my top 5 details that I don't want to miss during lifestyle maternity sessions. What are your top 5? Leave them in the comments! And don't hesitate to share and pin :)
To learn more about getting started with lifestyle photography, check out my virtual workshop.
1. Sibling & Belly Shots. If you are photographing an expectant family that already has kids, be sure to include them in the photos, and capture them and their excitement around mama's belly!
2. Baby Prep. Mom, dad and kids have spent the past 9 months prepping for a new addition. Be sure to include fun details, like mom and sister reading a "Big Sister" book. What other details signify baby prep? I'd love to hear the shots you like to get!
3. Mom & Dad's excitement. Whether it's their first baby, or their tenth, mom and dad will have a glow of anticipation that you don't want to miss! Be sure to get shots of just them, especially if they already have kiddos.
4. Mom in nursery. She walks past baby's first room everyday, dreaming about the little bundle that will soon be here. I love including this shot because it's so symbolic of mama waiting.
5. The Belly! Of course this goes without saying, but get that belly shot! It's always one of my favorite images, and even if mom doesn't appreciate it now, years from now, it will be a favorite as well. And that wee babe will love it even more.
Want to learn more about lifestyle photography? Click here.
*All images have been edited using my presets that are available for sale here.