Fresh 48 Sessions tug at my heart. They are truly baby's first photos, and they capture a time of pure bliss. Mom spends 2+ days in this room while meeting her baby, studying his features, and memorizing his tiny face. While I am always sure to get plenty of photos of babe and family, I also have a list of shots that I don't want to miss.
1. Labels, Charts, Hospital Bracelets. These little tiny trinkets often go unnoticed, but I never got photos of these details when my boys were born, and I wish I did. Each photo holds details that moms may otherwise forget, like the hospital room number, the nurses' names, etc.
2. Baby Eating. Let's face it, when babies are this fresh, their favorite activities include eating and sleeping. While there is usually no shortage of sleeping photos, we often forget to capture those eating photos. If mom isn't too self-conscious to feed baby in front of you, ask if you can take a photo. She will surely treasure that photo for years to come. If baby is bottle fed, be sure to get a snap of that detail as well. It's doesn't get much more lifestyle than a newborn eating ;)
3. Baby in hospital basinet. This is baby's first bed, and it signifies so many things-birth, hospitals, brand new. I love that showing baby in basinet also shows just how teensy they are when they are so new.
4. Gifts. Usually hospital stays involve lots of gifts and well wishes, and a hospital stay involving a brand new baby is no exception. Photograph the flowers, balloons, stuffed animals, and other various gifts you see in the hospital room to preserve their memory forever.
5. Older Siblings. Did baby make someone an older brother or sister for the first time? Capture these delicate moments between new siblings. It's an image their parents will cherish for years to come (especially once babe gets older and they are constantly bickering).
What are your favorite details to capture during hospital photos? I would love to hear from you in the comments!